Mangoes have bright colours, slippery textures and a lovely sweet taste accompanied with a mild hint of pine. This delicious tropical juicy is filled with nutrients and has some surprising health perks you may not have even known about!
Where do mangoes come from?
Mangoes are native to southeastern Asia and eastern India. Mangoes grow on large trees and can only thrive in frost-free climates.
Nutrition highlights per one raw mango:
– 130 calories
– 160% (of daily value) Vitamin A
– 100% (of daily value) Vitamin C
– 4g (12%) Dietary Fibre
– 0.5g (1%) Total fat
– Will improve memory and concentration power
– Fibre and vitamins present will helps lower cholesterol
– Diabetes fighter, by normalizing insulin levels in the blood
– Rich in antioxidants, they will help prevent cancer
– Helps clear skin, by unclogging pores and preventing acne
– Promotes good eye health
– Improves digestion
– Vitamins help boost immune system
Mangoes are awesome to use in smoothies, sauces, desserts and much more! Add this juicy fruit to your diet (try to buy it organic) and harvest the fantastic benefits mangoes have to offer! Here is a delicious easy recipe for a Vegan Mango Panna Cotta: http://jeanetteshealthyliving.com/2011/08/vegan-mango-panna-cotta-with-kiwi-mango-and-strawberries.html
Do you enjoy mangoes? Have any good recipes that use this fruit? Let me know in the comments section below. Thanks!
Interested in the “king of fruits”? Find out more with these sources:
*This blog is not intended to give professional medical advice and you should always check with your healthcare practitioners before trying anything new or regularly.